background

11/21/08

Baby name

We have decided to name our baby girl Seely but we are questioning how to spell it. The name comes from my great grandmother's maiden name. It was spelled 'Seeley'. We were pretty set on spelling it 'Seely' but now I wonder if we should have it like Grandma Jen's. I just don't know! Any opinions on the matter? How important is the spelling?

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I say...DO whatever you want. Everyone told us that Connor should be spelled Conner or people would pronounce it Con-ore...well we haven't had that problem. And we had opinions when we named Hunter too, but when it all comes down to it...your the one that has to deal with it. So I say you choose! Good luck.
P.S. Cute name

Jayci said...

I agree. Spell it however u want to. ey, y, ee, ie, whatever. It's still a beautiful name with meaning. I've never heard of that name as a first name for either a boy or a girl. I think it's really cute.

alison said...

When I asked my mom if we were ely or ly she said that we were both. So it doesn't matter. Personally, I like Seely. I bet people are going to spell it all kinds of ways so do what you like.

Jennie said...

I think that Seely looks more girly, a little more feminine. But can I just say that I lOVE that name! WHat a great idea. I never would have thought to use that name, but it is so cute! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery!

Jessica Madsen said...

I think the way your grandmother spelled it is really pretty. It is such a beautiful name and such a nice way to honor her.